Pelenhar the Damned
Content and satified by nature, the Khilspher rarely travel but when they do so they often discover a wonderlust that will effect them most of their lives. The are a friendly, dependable and polite with a strong work ethic that is well in balance with a casual enjoyment of the day to day pleasures of life. At once excitable and easy-going, Khilispher like to keep an even temper and a steady eye on opportunity, and are not as prone as some of the more volatile races to violent or emotional outbursts. Even in the jaws of catastrophe, a halfling almost never loses his sense of humor.
Halflings are inveterate opportunists. Unable to physically defend themselves from the rigors of the world, they know when to bend with the wind and when to hide away. Yet a halfling’s curiosity often overwhelms his good sense, leading to poor decisions and narrow escapes.
Even when wanderlust drives them to travel and seek new places and experiences, halflings possess a strong sense of house and home, often spending above their means to enhance the comforts of home life.
- Physical Description: Halflings rise to a humble height of 3 feet. They prefer to walk barefoot, leading to the bottoms of their feet being roughly calloused. Tufts of thick, curly hair warm the tops of their broad, tanned feet. Their skin tends toward a rich almond color and their hair toward light shades of brown. A Kilispher’s ears are pointed, but proportionately not much larger than those of a human.
- Society: Traditionally the Kilispher had little need or interest in nations or any government beyond the local community. There were loose federations of townships as a matter of common defense but other than that, they were content to be left alone. When they find themselves living in larger communities, they usually form small peaceful districts, keeping to themselves as often as possible. This isn’t a disdain or a fear of other people but rather a natural isolationistic inclination. .
- Relations: A typical Kilispher takes pride in his labors and enjoys a quiet life. They treasure peace and stability more than glory and riches. Good manners and privacy are personal traits they take pride in. They coexist well with humans as a general rule They respect the local rulership so long as it doesn’t particularly disrupt the routine of their lives. They respect Sindarin and Khazdain but have little patience for the other fey races. Half-goblins are generally shunned by halflings, because of the violence their very existence represents.
- *Alignment*and Religion: Halflings are loyal to their friends and families and pay respect to the Twilight Lords
- Adventurers: The rare Kilispher adventurer is often an outcast in his own society. He is always treated with the proper respect due his accomplishments but is forever an outsider, living in an instable world of violence and danger. It is perhaps for that reason that there is an unspoken bond between Kilispher adventurers that often compels them to help their kinfolk.
- Male Names: Andro, Callin, Glind, Naldo, Silim, Berek, Welden
- Female Names: Anafa, Bellis, Etune, Filiu, Lissa, Marra, Rillka, Sistra, Yamyra.
- Stats:+2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength
- Size: Small: Kilispher are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Speed: Slow: Kilispher have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Vision: Low Light Vision
- Racial Traits:
- Fearless: Kilispher receive a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by Kilispher luck.
- Kilispher Luck: Kilispher receive a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- Keen Senses: Kilispher receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Sure-Footed: Kilispher receive a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb skill checks.
- Sidhe Passage: Due to their close ties to their Sidhe origins, Kilispher can open the Fey Gates and may access the Starlight Paths through use of a Ritual
- Fey Magic: Kilispher must make a DC 15 Concentration check to cast magics when in direct contact with Cold iron
- Weapon Familiarity: Weapon Familiarity: Kilispher are proficient with slings and treat any weapon with the word “Kilispher” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages:Kilispher begin play speaking Analast (Common) and Kilispher. Halflings with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Khazdain, Silvarin, Se Analast and Goblin
- Level Adjustment: 0