Pelenhar the Damned
Being a point buy system, it is vitally important to have a concept of who and what you want your character to be. Below are listed some of the basic question you should ask yourself when planning a character.
- Profession: How do you make you living day to day. This is not the same thing as asking what class the character will be.
- Race: What race is your character
- Stats: What are you your strengths and your weakness’s
- Skills: What is it your character can do and how well can he do it.
- Society: What culture did your character come from, what is his background
- Benefits: Are their any benifits or deficits that come from this background?
- History: What path brought your character to where they are today
- Statistics Use 22 pts point buy in the Pathfinder Core Rules.
- Choose Race: PC Races. There are a number of additional races specific to Pelenhar. Gnomes are not a racial choice in this campaign
- Choose a Background.
You can also create your own background: At first level, pick 4 skills and allocate 1 skill point to each – they become class skills, and the character will gain 1 additional skill point to spend on one of these skills each level after first. In addition, pick one feat reflecting your background. This is of course subject to the DMs approval
- Choose class: Most official Pathfinder classes are approved for play. There are some additional classes approved as well. Any other class must be approved by the GM
- Assign Skills
- Choose Feats Almost all official Pathfinder Feats are allowed
- Choose 2 Traits
- Purchase basic equipment; 1st Level characters start out with cloths, a dagger and 300 GP worth of equipment. The only magic items allowed at creation are one shot items such as scrolls and potions. Higher level characters start out with a an amount of wealth decided by the GM based on the wealth of the existing party.
- Choose Contacts
- Determine your Alignment. Paladins have to Qualify as good. Clerics with the Good domain must qualify as good as well.
- Hit Points